The building of the Manor House began in about 1495 for the Roberts Dunns in whose hands it has remained ever since. Peter and Jane Dunn have lovingly renovated and preserved the charm of the old house, with its many features of architectural and historical importance, to provide all the modern necessities, without losing the feel of a country house.
Stone House provides first class examples of three architectural periods
Facing West is a 1778 Georgian wing, classically designed by William Wyatt, with excellent examples of many of his features. From the outside, there is a complete set of sash windows. However, on the inside it becomes clear that many are false, thereby preventing the rooms on the sunny side from becoming too hot - instead, in place of the windows, the rooms have elegant alcoves. The Entrance Hall has a grand double staircase rising from a black and white marble floor, with wonderful plasterwork.
Facing South is a local Sandstone multi-gabled building built in around 1535, with a massive oak staircase of six flights of stairs and bedrooms with sandstone fireplaces.
Facing North is the original Tudor timber frame building built in the late 1400s around a chimney. Such buildings normally appear as Black and White but here the lath and plaster is faced with tiles, thereby protecting the plastwork against the weather.